General Electric Channel Manager in Lincoln, Nebraska
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A Channel Manager is responsible for the management and development of the distributor relationships. The objective is to achieve targeted sales and profit objectives from a defined business territory/key customer group, in accordance with the Country/Regional Business Plan.
• Develop strategy and execute plan to deliver HyClone sales objectives and achieve the U.S. and Canada operating plan.
• Actively manage the HyClone portfolio with Distributors.
• Work with the Distribution Category Managers for Cell Culture to plan Annual Priorities, Focus Areas, Road Map, and Marketing Activities.
• Collaborate with GE colleagues to execute the agreed upon initiatives, programs, and focus areas to deliver above market growth.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of Monthly End User Sales information to GE colleagues, Sales Leadership, and with our Distributors for Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews.
• Stay current on Industry Trends, Cell Culture competitive landscape, and propose growth opportunities.
• Manage ‘channel conflict’ when it occurs, to minimize disruption of the business and to seek ‘win-win’ scenarios for our Customers, Distributors, and GE.
• Manage the Consumables Digital landscape to include ownership of current Apps.
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Operations on Digital opportunities to automate Monthly and Quarterly Reporting as well as develop New Apps.
• Collaborate with Commercial Operations and Commercial Excellence on Web Enablement for our Consumables Portfolio, with our Distributors, and with Channel Management.
• Work with and Support Consumables & Channel Marketing with Promo Code / Part Number set up, Co-Branding of Literature, and Creation of Marketing Flyers (when necessary).
• Collaborate with Sales Operations to develop and create Dashboards, Analytics Reports, and Automate Reports for easy access and viewing in the field.
• 4+ years relevant healthcare industry experience
• 2+ years relevant channel experience
• A proven track-record in Digital. This includes, but is not limited to, Apps, Website Management, and Automation of Reports.
• A proven track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
• Experience understanding customer needs and business drivers and using this knowledge to develop account plans and strategies (knowledge of the existing account areas/channels would be advantageous).
• Excellent interpersonal skills including, teamworking skills and good communication skills.
• Persistence and tenacity in developing prospects and customers, and able to close business.
• Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills.
• Self-starter able to manage time and organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to communicate using English.
• Education - university level degree in Life Sciences related discipline, and possibly MBA or PhD level, plus experience selling in the Life Sciences market.
• Advanced background/training in and understanding of GE Healthcare products
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Anywhere in continental US, preferably near major airport.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.